Skyrim - Home Of The Nords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim - Home Of The Nords

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Modelling Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Yeti
Trader
Trader

The Modelling Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Actually I'd perfer it if it was a differant style as the other ones. All of them are kinda fancy
and I'd like something more plain.

Maybe something like this, except not... fluffy-ish:

The Modelling Thread - Page 4 Thumb_shaggy-h-359_Brown
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 pm

Ok then, thanks for the picture, I'll retexture one a little later.

I would have done it today, but I've been messing around modelling a quick vest model:
The Modelling Thread - Page 4 Nord_clothing_01

Model is pretty much done, it's rigged and setup ready for putting into the game, now I just need to finish the texture off and make different coloured versions, and also make versions made of fur.
Desaturated blues, browns, oranges and greens are going to be used for the common clothing made of fabric. Feedback would be appreciated. Smile

I've made a 'template' shirt model, which I've based this off, so hopefully I'll be able to make a lot more models, including much more complex ones, quicker than usual.

Does anyone want to see the Oblivion castle ruin interiors I've made so far btw?
I can't be bothered to get screenshots of them all, so I'll just post up the files iif anyone is interested. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Will this outfit work with regular NPCs? I don't use better bodies and I noticed that one
of our armors (the falconer one) didn't fit well on the regular NPC model.

Regardless it looks great cherry
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 pm

About this armor, does it fit badly because of the way it replaces body parts, or because of the way it bends?

If it's because it replaces body parts wierdly (body parts dissapear when they shouldn't, or body parts stay which shouldn't), then yes it will work fine, it uses the vanilla body replacement method (and I have NO intentions of using the BB workaround to produce revealing clothing, which don't fit the original game anyway 90% of the time imo, plus why would Nords, other than nobles where revealing clothes?).

If it's the way it bends, then chances are it will work, though I'd have to test it (or get you to tongue). It could be fixed by changing the skinning on the model, but then it'd look a little wierd with BB.

I'm aiming to provide clothing which will hopefully work fine with both BB and vanilla bodies, so I'm willing to get any issues fixed. Smile
I can't think of any other reason why it'd look wierd with vanilla bodies.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Trader
Trader

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 pm

That's great Dirnae. I don't know why but BB just never appealed to me scratch

The falconer armor doesn't fit the NPCs in the CS, though I haven't checked it in-game.
By this I mean there's holes in it. Also, the boots don't seem to go on the NPC at all.

I'll try to get an image up latter.
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm

The holes are probably where the BB body mesh should seamlessly connect onto the armor, correct?
The boots probably don't show up due to the mesh replacement method used (BB doesn't use up all the leg clothing slots, so it can free up spaces for revealing clothing).

In any case, no holes should be present with vanilla bodies. Smile
P.S If the falconer armor looks cool, I could try to edit it to work with vanilla bodies I guess.
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm

dirnae wrote:
P.S If the falconer armor looks cool, I could try to edit it to work with vanilla bodies I guess.

But than it would conflict with Better Bodies, isn't it? I don't know much about armor and bodyparts, that's why I ask...but if yes, we should have two versions of every Better Bodies based armor,
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:27 am

Depends on what the armor is like, there are certain ways you can get around it.
Back to top Go down
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter
Muspila

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Quote :
Does anyone want to see the Oblivion castle ruin interiors I've made so far btw?
Oh yes. cyclops
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Here you go: edited out.
Put the textures into your Data Files/Textures folder, and then view the meshes in Nifskope. Smile

There are also some Oblivion crypt meshes and another oblivion mesh in there, I couldn't be bothered to sort through the files yet.
It's using Qarl's textures atm (renamed though).

Last edited by dirnae on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter
Muspila

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks a lot.
Man, what a huge file cyclops

Btw. I just made a very useful discovery in Blender.
If I scale a plane that is 20*20 units in blender * 1.28 then I get a plane that is exactly the same size as one floorpattern in Morrowind (4 gridsnap-steps).

That's going to make it a lot easier to create my tileset.
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Help I can't use 4shared,

my download it always interrupted. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter
Muspila

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:41 pm

hmm. the texture-names referred to in the files are different to the textures I've got.
meh.
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Muspila wrote:
hmm. the texture-names referred to in the files are different to the textures I've got.
meh.

You lucky one, you are able to download...
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 pm

@Muspila: Bah, don't meh at me. tongue
Try deletng the 'sky_' at the start of the names, looks like I haven't updated the .nifs with the new texture names yet.

@Lestat: I'll rename the textures (or texture links if I can be bothered), get rid of the textures that aren't needed, and send you them through Skype later.
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:51 pm

dirnae wrote:
@Muspila: Bah, don't meh at me. tongue
Try deletng the 'sky_' at the start of the names, looks like I haven't updated the .nifs with the new texture names yet.

@Lestat: I'll rename the textures (or texture links if I can be bothered), get rid of the textures that aren't needed, and send you them through Skype later.

Renaming the textures is not the problem, I can do it very fast.

My probem is 4shared which don't allow me to download cause it always break down after 2-5 %

Could you please upload them at megaupload or rapidshare and PM me the link Question
Back to top Go down
Muspila
Hunter
Hunter
Muspila

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:59 pm

I have already renamed the paths in the niffiles in order to see how it looks.

rfn3Way01.nif and rfn01.nif are both pretty breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 pm

I was going to send them to you with Skype, but yeah I can upload them to rapidshare too. I'll have a link up in a 5 minutes, I've just got to upload something else first.
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

dirnae wrote:
I was going to send them to you with Skype, but yeah I can upload them to rapidshare too. I'll have a link up in a 5 minutes, I've just got to upload something else first.

Thanks mate, that's great
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Muspila wrote:
I have already renamed the paths in the niffiles in order to see how it looks.

rfn3Way01.nif and rfn01.nif are both pretty breathtaking.

Thanks, they're the fort ruin interiors.
I just realised that I've only uploaded those two though. I'll have to upload the rest later, I'm going to rename the texture paths over the weekend first.

I've only really got those two, a 4way and a corner finished so far I think.
Btw Lestat I got your pm, I'll pm you the link in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks,

Rapidshare works, I'm downloading... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm just confused about the file size.

At 4shared it was 30.7 MB

and at Rapidshare 10.6 MB

It contains 9 NIF's and a number of textures...is that right ?
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 pm

I deleted some of the textures that weren't needed.
If some are missing tell me and I'll upload the large version. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm

dirnae wrote:
I deleted some of the textures that weren't needed.
If some are missing tell me and I'll upload the large version. Smile

The models look awesome...very, very good job

Do the textures have a simialr name like in the NIF or is everything different?

Maybe you could send me the rest of the textures too, even if they are not needed cause we could use them for other models
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Well, they are Qarl's textures not my own, so we'd need permission to use them.
If someone like zackg wishes to recreate them, then fine, we can use them, but for now, until Qarl's permission is obtained or someone recreates the textures they are placeholders that really need replacing.

The names of the textures are all similar, they just use the oblivion texture names with a sky_ prefix in the front of the name. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Modelling Thread   The Modelling Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Modelling Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next