Skyrim - Home Of The Nords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim - Home Of The Nords

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Empire in Skyrim

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yeti
Trader
Trader

The Empire in Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: The Empire in Skyrim   The Empire in Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:13 pm

These are just some questions to start some discussion on how the empire operates in Skyrim, as I think it's a topic
that should be solidified.

Just how does the empire govern Skyrim? It's split into kingdoms but how do the Imperials fit in.

Morrowind is split up into multiple Duchies. Skyrim follows a similar structure of being divided into small governing bodies but what other
Imperial administration and oversight is there? Should there be a governor and pro-concul like in Morrowind? Where would they reside?

Also, how extensive is the empire's influence in Skyrim? I always thought of it as a pretty pro-empire province.

Finally what are some of the empire's interests in Skyrim?
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Empire in Skyrim   The Empire in Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Yeti wrote:
These are just some questions to start some discussion on how the empire operates in Skyrim, as I think it's a topic
that should be solidified.

Just how does the empire govern Skyrim? It's split into kingdoms but how do the Imperials fit in.

Morrowind is split up into multiple Duchies. Skyrim follows a similar structure of being divided into small governing bodies but what other
Imperial administration and oversight is there? Should there be a governor and pro-concul like in Morrowind? Where would they reside?

Also, how extensive is the empire's influence in Skyrim? I always thought of it as a pretty pro-empire province.

Finally what are some of the empire's interests in Skyrim?

I guess the main interest of the Empire in Skyrim are the resources.

Silver, Iron, Ebony, Amber and Mithrill...maybe the Empire is also interested in keeping the political situation and the warlords under control cause they know that most nords are very warlike and are waiting for the right moment to invade their neighbors Hammerfell, High Rock, Cyrodiil and Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: The Empire in Skyrim   The Empire in Skyrim I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:37 pm

I suppose areas in which bandits and smugglers reside, and yet aren't persecuted for it for whatever reason, be it weather or position or forces, would enter into a similar relationship with the empire as thirsk.

Quote :
Relationship with the Empire:

Throughout the years, the Thirsk Nords and the Empire have entered into a simple but effective relationship: they leave each other alone and everyone is happy. Soon after arriving on Solstheim, the Imperials realized that their authority on the island was limited to Fort Frostmoth and vicinity. Solstheim was, is, and probably always will be a savage and frozen wasteland more suited to ancient Nord custom than conventional Imperial law. As long as the residents of Thirsk leave Fort Frostmoth in peace, the Imperials at Fort Frostmoth will reciprocate. In fact, the relationship between the two locations is fairly civil, and the Thirsk Nords gained considerable favor with the Empire when they delivered the Breton fugitive Alain Montrose to the garrison at Forth Frostmoth, after he attempted to hide out in Thirsk.
Source
Though perhaps with the Imperial legion bitter about the relationship, and the Nords slightly cocky.

There is also Solitude in which the King has been annexing (taking over) imperial fiefs (land).
Quote :
Solitude, always one of the richest and most influential counties in Skyrim, has grown ever more powerful, controlling much of the northern coastline following King Thian's alliance by marriage with Macalla, the Queen of Dawnstar. It has sought to expand its influence further by annexing several former Imperial fiefs, such as the island of Roscrea, ruled directly by the Emperor since Uriel V conquered it in the 271st year.
Source

War like cities would probably not mind the imperials, they are allies and provide additional defense to the city if anything, while Nordic warriors love to join the legion with the promises of conquest, fighting and glory. (more citation needed for this really) If they interfere with raids though, then Nords will get angry.
Quote :
In the third era, if Cyrodiil has been the heart of the Empire, Skyrim has been its strong arm
Same source as above.

There is the Horme who hate the imperials too.
Quote :

There is a strong underground movement called the Horme that believes Potema and her deposed son of Uriel III to be the last of Tiber Septim's true blood and under that principle lead raids against Imperial interests in the province.
Same source as above

Like Lestat said, they would be interested in resources (as they are in any other province), and maybe also in recruiting soldiers.
Should we perhaps brainstorm about The Reach and Falkreath first, and how they would affect this area?

Lestat probably knows more about the layout of this region than me atm. Smile
I would think the Imperial prescence is far less prominent or strict as they are in Morrowind, as they are strong allies and not rebellious towards the empire.
Areas with the Horme would have more prominent imperial influence, and Solitude would have almost no influence, if they are able to annex locations I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Empire in Skyrim   The Empire in Skyrim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Empire in Skyrim
Page 1 of 1