Skyrim - Home Of The Nords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim - Home Of The Nords

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Screenshots: Falkreath

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

Screenshots: Falkreath Empty
PostSubject: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Updated soon
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Which grass statics am i using Lestat?

And have you had a look at the concept tree i've made?
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Falkreath
Neugrad Watch

Just sorting out the layout of the cities, thought i'd run it by you all
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 am

Remember that the plan is to stick to the webpage Lestat showed us (AFAIK).
So the town should have an Elven Quarter and a Great Market area, along with any other districts you think needs to be there (common district and noble district maybe?).

No need to make these areas massive, just make sure they are there, and suitably big (I suppose Elven Quarter would be the smallest, and common if you choose to have one the largest).
Seeing as reducing polycount (sorry, looks like I was wrong silent) does seem to have an effect on framerate you could try reducing the polycount on Lestat's houses if he's ok with it.

Thanks for the screens mate! As you know I've been looking forward to them. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:07 am

I'll reduce the poly count on the relevant houses on a later stage if all other exterior models are done...the houses were one of my first modeling projects.

I just wanna do it by myself, cause I don't want any different look, different size or position on x,y,z axis.

I know SGMonkey is a more experianced and skilled 3D modeler than me, but I still wanna do it by myself
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:36 pm

edit: After some testing the houses do not need lowering in polycount for now. I take back what I said before (again), let's leave them for now.
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 am

Your right, it's not important for now. But i think it would be good practise for Lestat's modelling skills if he did at some point. Smile

The models look great, but being able to model the same models with a third of the poly's is skill Razz
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:15 am

Please let's stop any discussion about those fucking houses at this point...we have loads of much more important modeling work to do than counting polys on 8 month old houses.

It would be awesome if Monkey could do the interior meshes for the houses cause I stuck with

Castle Ruin Exterior
Mapping Falmer Ruins
Aldmer Ruins
Shor Temple Buildung
Uv-Mapping the Daggerfall Tileset
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:11 am

edit: Deleting this, sorry about that SGMonkey.

Last edited by dirnae on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 6:58 am

We could use Zyndaar's Common Modular Set for the Builings in the Non Nord Quaters...I'll check it out and retexture it till next weekend.

I'll also ask Zyndaar for permission to use his ice cavern tileset he once made for Wizard Island. I hope his old email adress is still active.
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:32 am

Wait a minute. What attitude? I didn't say anything about Lestat being a poor modeller. I think the models he's done are great. And I wasn't trying to act big headed at all. And the fact that you say I haven't got much skill at modelling is a pretty poor statement seeing as you've only ever seen things ive modelled for morrowind, and ive only been modelling for morrowind for a few months.

I'm not trying to keep discussing the same thing either. I was simply agreeing with you both. I guess I'll just leave you two to do it your self if this is the kind of fuckin response im gonna keep getting.
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:54 am

Last edited by dirnae on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 10:23 am

SGMonkey wrote:
.... but being able to model the same models with a third of the poly's is skill Razz

To be honest, I've felt a little bit offended by that comment, even if it wasn't meant like that.

I just made no statement cause I didn't want to heat up the whole discussion again.

I guess it's time for everybody to calm down and forget about the troubles the last few days and return to more productive activities than doing some mud wrestling.

Lestat
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Agreed

No offence was meant Lestat
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Sorry about flipping out SGMonkey, I was more pissed off at other things than you.
You just gotta watch what you say a little more carefully, I can't understand your tone of voice through the internet, things can get misunderstood and miscontrued, you know? Neutral

Anyway, third time's the charm, what are you doing about the districts?
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:16 am

That's ok mate, i understand. And reading it back i know what you mean. I was only trying to help Sad

Ha. Im reading into the districts and things, trying to find out what they are more than anything. Are they within the city walls, are they separated and such.

EDIT: I was thinking something like this
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:19 am

The Imperial City in Oblivion has districts, they usually have some sort of seperation like a wall or something.
Though these walls don't need to be as big or the same as the castle walls in you'd prefer that, just as long as they fit in.

From the picture, Barrack size looks good, putting it next to the gate was a good idea. Elven Quarter looks good too, and is in a nice remote location.
The great market might need to be a little bigger if it's going to contain all the shops and possibly guilds, though the location looks fine to me.

Are we going to have Noble Houses in Falkreath? If so I suppose they would be in the area near the castle. Perhaps with edited larger house models too (easy to do with a couple of modifiers).
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:22 am

Yeah i was thinking if we did have noble or richer houses they would be nearer the fort. it's like you read my mind Razz

And i agree with you about the Market and the Barracks, but should the elven quarter fill the greyed out area or just the area behind the wall?
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 am

Great minds think alike. What a Face

I'd say if you can fit it in behind the wall, then do that, if not make any changes you think necessary.
It probably wont have much in there anyway depending on what we decide to put in there, which most likely will be some houses and a pub (and maybe an place similar to the argonian and skyrim mission in ebonheart).
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:57 am

Sounds cool, i'll work on it later if im not too kained Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dirnae
Gurad
Gurad
dirnae

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Do it even if you're kained, it'd be interesting to see how it turned out (might even come out better!). bounce
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 pm

WARNING!!! HUGE SCREENSHOTS!!!

https://2img.net/h/i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm449/DDevilMonkey_666/SKYRIM/Morrowind2010-03-2202-32-48-82.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm449/DDevilMonkey_666/SKYRIM/Morrowind2010-03-2202-33-06-98.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm449/DDevilMonkey_666/SKYRIM/Morrowind2010-03-2202-33-38-18.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm449/DDevilMonkey_666/SKYRIM/Morrowind2010-03-2202-34-11-83.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm449/DDevilMonkey_666/SKYRIM/Morrowind2010-03-2202-34-29-01.jpg

Just a quick mess about i had last night. It's now 2:51, and im going to have a smoke and skidaddle.

All the grass meshes, bushes, trees, and rocks are generated using Yacoby's mesh generator.

I've managed to get the mesh generator to make trees always stand straight up. Grass always sits a fraction below the surface and looks pretty good to me. The rocks generated with perfect spacing, but i just need to choose better meshes, mainly rounder ones instead of pointy ones. All the different types of meshes are in seperate .ESP's at the minute, so i can load falkreath without any generated statics, which is really handy, being able to generate statics this way gives me a very clear idea of how to texture the landscape. And when that's all how i like it i will fine tune all the generated statics.

All in all it makes it very easy to work on this way. Nothing is perfect yet, but i think ive made good progress for 1 day.

Let me know what you all think

Last edited by SGMonkey on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:11 am

SGMonkey wrote:

Just a quick mess about i had last night. It's now 2:51, and im going to have a smoke and skidaddle.

All the grass meshes, bushes, trees, and rocks are generated using Yacoby's mesh generator.

I've managed to get the mesh generator to make trees always stand straight up. Grass always sits a fraction below the surface and looks pretty good to me. The rocks generated with perfect spacing, but i just need to choose better meshes, mainly rounder ones instead of pointy ones. All the different types of meshes are in seperate .ESP's at the minute, so i can load falkreath without any generated statics, which is really handy, being able to generate statics this way gives me a very clear idea of how to texture the landscape. And when that's all how i like it i will fine tune all the generated statics.

All in all it makes it very easy to work on this way. Nothing is perfect yet, but i think ive made good progress for 1 day.

Let me know what you all think

I can't really make a comment to the screens cause I don't see much more than generated statics...

But it's cool that you found a way that makes the mesh generator place the statics straight...that's cool...

Keep in mind that Falkreath has much more rocks than trees and grass...think about the Jerall Mountain in Oblivion, next to Bruma.

Important

Resize the size of the Screenshots or replace them...those giant pics fuck up the size of the Thread cause you always have to scroll from the left the
right if you want to read something.

Look, you know I'm not the closest friend of generating whole landspaces and just doing little bit here and a little bit there....
If you really wanna generate more than grassmesh as a source for worldbuilding, than you should talk to Muspila about how to use MGen...it seems that MGen is able to generate in a much more relistic sense than just random placed meshes like the Mesh Generation do.

I've told you yesterday that the ground texture shouldn't be visible if you look on the grass mesh...

Look:

Generated without overhaul:

https://2img.net/h/i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/LestatDeLioncourt1872/Grass_No.jpg

Generated after Overhaul:

https://2img.net/h/i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/LestatDeLioncourt1872/Grass_Yes.jpg

It is the standard on Skyrim that the groundtexture is not visible from above...nothing more but nothing less.

This is also meant if the grass texture and the ground texture have not such a big contrast like on the Screens...it is simple the way it have to be.

Please take care about it and don't ignore that point because of quick results. Quality is always more important than a quick finished cell.

PS: I like the last screen Wink

Sorry that I'm so damned strict with the exterior, but it is necessary to keep the exterior quality on a constant level...Exterior that are not done by me have to be in the same quality and I only accept results that make me think:"Well, that's awesome, I couldn't do it even better"

That is the reason why we work with a minimum of world builder. I guess you are able to work in very high quality but be prepared that I'm very critical with every exterior work of any exterior builder.

Exterior Quality Level should be 100% allover Skyrim
Back to top Go down
SGMonkey
Hunter
Hunter
SGMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:29 am

Like i tried to say Xander, this is not intended as being a way to just quickly generate statics and then say "Hey it's done!"

Generating grass and rocks gives me a nice idea for how i want to texture the landscape. ALL, i repeat ALL of the meshes will be moved and fine tuned later when i am happy with the layout of the land. Im not intending on just leaving it as it is atall.
But it really saves time compared to choosing all the statics by hand, copy and pasting copy and pasting, you get the idea. It's very handy if you ask me Smile

And i honestly think the method im using creats much better terrain than mGen

And im glad you atleast like the last screen Razz
Back to top Go down
Lestat DeLioncourt
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 am

SGMonkey wrote:
Like i tried to say Xander, this is not intended as being a way to just quickly generate statics and then say "Hey it's done!"

Generating grass and rocks gives me a nice idea for how i want to texture the landscape. ALL, i repeat ALL of the meshes will be moved and fine tuned later when i am happy with the layout of the land. Im not intending on just leaving it as it is atall.
But it really saves time compared to choosing all the statics by hand, copy and pasting copy and pasting, you get the idea. It's very handy if you ask me Smile

And i honestly think the method im using creats much better terrain than mGen

And im glad you atleast like the last screen Razz

Than I'm relexed again Razz I've esspecially worried about the z-position of the grass mesh.

I've have to work...chat you later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screenshots: Falkreath   Screenshots: Falkreath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screenshots: Falkreath
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next